Sagging Neck Line – The Latest Turkey Taming Procedures
Sagging skin along the neckline is an incredibly common problem for women, and it's easy to understand why. As we age, our skin's collagen production gradually slows, making the tissue less firm. Gravity is constantly pulling down on the skin along the neckline, making it more apt to sag. Some people also have a genetic predisposition to storing fat along the neckline, which exacerbates the problem.
With Skype, Facetime and other video chat services becoming more and more popular, more women than ever are looking for ways to treat sagging skin and appear their best from the chest up. Medical scientists have responded by creating new treatments to help firm the skin and tighten turkey necks. Here are a few of the latest innovations:
- Ultherapy - Ultherapy is creating quite a buzz amongst beauty experts and everyday women. This new procedure uses ultrasound to deliver heat to the skin cells. The concentrated dose of heat stimulates collagen production. Results are not immediate; typically, the skin gradually firms over a period of 1 to 3 months following treatment.
- Botox - While Botox is by no means a new treatment, it is only just now becoming a common option for treating neckline sagging. For women with wrinkles along the neckline, botulinum toxin helps to paralyze the skin tissue, lessening the contractions that make wrinkles evident. Botox injections in the neck produce an immediate improvement in texture, but their results usually last for only 3 to 4 months.
- Trampoline Lifts - A trampoline lift is a less invasive form of a neck lift that is performed under local anesthesia. During the procedure, a plastic surgeon uses sutures to physically lift the skin tissue under the neck. This treatment is rather expensive and typically only successful at eliminating mild to moderate sagging. Because the procedure is new, doctors do not yet know how long its effects will last.
- Red Light Therapy - Red light therapy uses the energy of light to stimulate collagen production. Not only is this type of treatment performed at spas and physicians' offices, but it can also be done at home with hand-held devices. Red light therapy produces cumulative results over time. At-home treatments are usually continued indefinitely to maintain results.
- Microcurrent Stimulation - Microcurrent stimulation uses mild electrical current to rejuvenate the cells and encourage the manufacturing of collagen. Like red light therapy, microcurrent stimulation can be performed at home with a hand-held device or done by a skin care professional or physician. Treatments usually continue regularly for life to fight sagging skin along the neck.
If you're looking to eliminate your turkey neck, you'll need to carefully weigh the costs, pros and cons of the latest treatments as well as investigate topical products and more traditional neck-firming interventions like neck lifts and liposuction. You may want to have second, third or even fourth opinions from physicians before finally deciding on a particular treatment. Take your time and do your own research to ensure you select the ideal solution for your budget, your health and your needs.